FYS

Warning: might be kinda long, so get yourself a cup of coffee, sit back and relax.

FYS – Final Year Syndrome. I believe it to be the syndrome of not wanting or the indecisive decision to leave this place due to fond memories in which USM KKJ has brought to a person, specifically the final year students. Well, I believe I have it. But it was for only a short period of time (smiles). That’s how much I want to leave this palm tree estate campus. Yes campus. It did not have the effect of a real university environment, unlike the other universities I’ve been to; main USM campus, UTP, UTM, UM, and UTHM. I sincerely dreaded this place when I first stepped foot into this place. WHYYY GOD? “Why? Cause you chose it as your first choice silly”. Yes it was my first choice. Four years has come and go so quickly and I realized that I would never regret choosing USM over UTP. Even though I realized engineering itself wasn’t my cup of tea, the four years in campus thought me more than I could ask for. After CF’s prayer and thanksgiving, I realized I grew a lot, personally and spiritually. I once was a shy, quiet, mind my own business kind of guy. Wait… I’m still that. Oh yeah, it was more of my outlook on the world. I hated it. Felt like there wasn’t much reason to move on as it is full of … well … crap. But it changed. I gave myself the opportunity and I took those that came to me. For one; serving God. I don’t think the chance will come again that easily and all I have to say; “It feels great to serve Him”. (I didn’t before USM). I come from a church which you can say “big” and have pondered about being involved in the worship team to serve Him. Reluctant when it was firstly given to me, but I always felt glad after I did it. In the process of serving Him, I’d learn and hone some skills. I’ve also met amazing people and learnt a thing of two from them. I create and initiate my own positive mindset. I shared before during prayer meet a couple of years ago that the one thing I wished for was happiness. I lacked of it. And now, I know how to obtain it. I thank God for shedding some light on the matter. For number two; attending CF. Come to think of it, there hasn’t been a time I went to CF and came back thinking; “oh today CF was just nonsense”. I would come back from CF feeling satisfied, happy or de-stressed. I think the committee has done a pretty decent job to keep CF interesting and lively enough to attend it weekly. I used to think that if the livewires of CF did not come to CF, then CF would be pretty dull. Now I would go to CF and try to be the livewire. (Sometimes not successful. Hehe). If everyone would think like the latter, CF would be more than amazing. Thus four years in this dreadful place had more things to teach me rather than just the technical gain. I really don’t mind where the future might lead me. It’s in God hands as He knows best for me. All I need to do is to search for what He seeks in me and let Him lead on. For a disgruntled servant will not do well to serve Him properly, but a happy one to do for His name wonders.  To my fellow seniors who are reading this, thank you for all you have done. God has made you messengers unknowingly. And to the juniors, who are reading this, do continue to come and grow in CF and to give yourself the opportunity to do wonders for His name for He has and is working in your life, molding you to become even better. You only need to give yourself that chance. Sayonara USM KKJ CF and thanks for everything.
Written by
Terence 

Comments

weiwayk said…
As much antisocial "u think" u are, I'm POSITIVE u'd be greatly missed!! And sometimes the small-est lil things that u do (throughout this short journey) makes ENORMOUS difference =)
Remember don't lose urself
whereever/whenever in regardless of what other ppl say/think of u =) cos
TERENCE BOMBIE TAN u'r AWESOME!!!

*RIO bump- bump beak bump claw EXPLODE!!!!*
Hey terence,

Glad to see that you have grown so much these last 4 yrs in campus (i would have seen at least 2 yrs of it haha).. God bless on your new career my series downloader haha
S.i.m.o.n said…
Pretty sure when you mentioned "the seniors", i have nothing to do with it. = )
The initial dragging but never-regretting thing; i guess half the campus shares it.

God bless on your path ahead. Always remember who you are deep down inside. You'll need to remind yourself sometime down the road.

Popular Posts